About Wawanesa Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1896 in Wawanesa, in the province of Manitoba, this Canadian company started out as a farmers’ mutual insurance provider, writing its first policy in the United States in 1975.
Today, Wawanesa Insurance is one of Canada’s leading insurance providers, also operating in the American states of Oregon and California, where it ranks in the Top 20 of car insurance providers in the state.
|Coverage:||3.8 out of 5|
|Cost:||4.5 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||2.5 out of 5|
|Claims:||2 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about Wawanesa Auto Insurance…
Wawanesa Insurance’s financial strength and solvency was given high marks by third-party financial analyst A.M. Best Co.
Choose Wawanesa Auto Insurance because…
Wawanesa Insurance is picky when it comes to insuring drivers, choosing to insure those considered “Good Drivers.” Generally, a “good driver” is one who hasn’t had more than one at-fault accident that resulted in only property damage or had more than a 1 point violation on their driving record in the last three years. Wawenesa’s savings by insuring low-risk drivers are passed on to its customers through their low cost car insurance rates.
In addition to low cost auto insurance, Wawanesa Insurance also provides homeowners and condominium insurance which come with Identity Theft Resolution Services, offering assistance in fraud education and identity management.
As one of California’s top auto insurance companies, Wawanesa Auto Insurance does not skimp on auto coverage and offers a wide range of optional car insurance coverage. Below are a few examples:
- Automobile Medical Payments – Pays for any passenger or driver injured in a covered car and covers dental, medical and even funeral expenses in the event of an accident. Also provides coverage as pedestrians if struck by a car;
- Towing and Labor Costs – Covers towing and labor costs in case of a mechanical breakdown;
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (Collision Waiver) – Pays a driver’s collision deductible for damages to their car caused by a wreck with an uninsured car;
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection – Provides coverage against bodily injury when caused by a driver without car insurance or low limits.
Wawanesa Insurance’s online billing payment feature allows drivers to conveniently pay their bills online, as well as view their billing and payment information.
Discounts offered by Wawanesa Auto Insurance…
Wawanesa offers plenty of discounts for drivers to choose from including their Persistency Discount which rewards drivers who have been with Wawanesa for more than three years or the Mature Driver Improvement Course Discount which offers discounts to drivers 55 and older who successfully complete an approved driving course.
Other discounts include the following:
- Driver Training Discount allows drivers with less than two years experience save money by completing a Driver Training Course in addition to a Driver Education Course;
- Good Driver Discount rewards those safe drivers without a DUI or DWI conviction in the last 10 years and no more than a one point deduction in the last three years on their driving record;
- Multi-Car Discount for having multiple cars on the same Wawanesa Auto Insurance policy;
- Theft Recovery Discount for vehicles equipped with a GPS tracking system, LoJack or any similar recovery device.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Customer service and claims representatives can be reached via Wawanesa’s toll-free phone numbers and changes to a policy can also be done online, in addition to making a change of address online, changing a payment plan, printing insurance ID cards and more.