About PEMCO Auto Insurance…
Created in 1949, in Seattle, Washington, by teacher Robert J. Hardy to provide insurance coverage to teachers who were members of the School Employees Credit Union of Washington, which was also founded by Mr. Hardy. In addition, to low cost car insurance, the company offered teachers several insurance products, such as home insurance, fire insurance, theft insurance and more.
|Coverage:||4.5 out of 5|
|Cost:||4.5 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||4.5 out of 5|
|Claims:||3.8 out of 5|
Although PEMCO (Public Employees Mutual Casualty Company) only operates in the states of Oregon and Washington, today it is the one of the biggest insurance providers in the Northwest United States with over a half million customers and premiums exceeding $300 million.
What the industry is saying about PEMCO Auto Insurance…
PEMCO’s Issuer Credit Ratings and its Financial Strength Ratings receive high marks from third-party insurance industry analyst A.M. Best so customers can be confident their claims will be paid.
Choose PEMCO Auto Insurance because…
PEMCO provides low cost car insurance for anything that can be driven, including antique and classic cars, motorcycles and scooters, snowmobiles, RVs and sports cars.
Flexible payment options allow customers to pay cash or with a credit card via snail mail, phone, online, or automatically from a checking account, money market account or savings account. Their payment plans also offer drivers several choices to best fit their budgets:
- Pay the premium in full;
- Pay one month up front and the balance in 11 monthly payments;
- Pay half up front and the rest in 6 monthly payments;
- Pay 20% up front and then 10% monthly for 8 months.
PEMCO also provides several unique policy options including the Auto Accidental Death option which pays out a driver’s family the limit of coverage purchased if the driver is killed in an accident and the Auto Loan Endorsement option that pays a new car’s unpaid balance if it is totaled in a wreck.
Discounts offered by PEMCO Auto Insurance…
Its wide range of discounts is one of the reasons that PEMCO is one of the top car insurance companies in the Northwest.
Below are just a few of them:
- Auto Plus Discount available to drivers that combine their home coverage with their auto policy;
- Alternative Commuting Discount for drivers that commute to work instead of drive their own car;
- Away at School Discount for parents with a car-less student attending school 75 miles away or more from home;
- Defensive Driver Discount for mature drivers (55 or older) who complete an approved defensive driving class;
- Good Student Discount for students with at least a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Multi-Car Discount for two or more vehicles on one car insurance policy;
- New Customer Discount rewards accident-free and ticket-free drivers that complete two years with PEMCO;
- Safe Driver Discount pays off for drivers every 12 months they stay clear of accidents after their New Customer
Discount is taken;
- Safety/Security Discount for cars with ABS, air bags or anti-theft devices.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Customer service representatives can be reached day or night through PEMCO’s toll free hotline in case a driver has a question regarding their policy, want to add a car to their policy or report any changes. Questions can also be answered by their agents at an office location or through email, if preferred. Their customers are so happy with PEMCO’s service that 86% report they would recommend PEMCO to a friend.
Claims processing is also flexible and can be done at an office, via email, regular mail and their toll-free number, which is staffed 24/7, year round. Additionally, their online claims center offers drivers a wealth of information on PEMCO’s Timesaver Repair Program (TRP), FAQs on how to handle a claim, even an accident checklist to help drivers in case they have a car wreck. And repairs done through PEMCO-approved repairs shops are backed for life through a written guarantee.