About Mercury Auto Insurance…
Founded in California in 1961 by George Joseph, Mercury operated exclusively in the California car insurance market offering low cost car insurance to low risk drivers.
Today, the company is one of California’s top auto insurance companies and one of the largest car insurers in the state with assets of more than $4 billion.
Mercury Auto Insurance has also expanded beyond The Golden State and now operates in Virginia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, New York, New Jersey, Nevada, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia, Florida and Arizona.
|Coverage:||2 out of 5|
|Cost:||2.3 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||1.3 out of 5|
|Claims:||1.3 out of 5|
It has also moved into other insurance markets including business insurance, condo insurance, umbrella insurance and more.
What the industry is saying about Mercury Auto Insurance…
Mercury’s financial strength ratings get high marks from three of the country’s top financial analysts – Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and A.M. Best – so their claim-paying ability is strong.
Mercury Auto Insurance customers gave it solid marks on pricing on the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates National Insurance Study.
Choose Mercury Auto Insurance because…
As one of the best car insurance companies in California, and the Nation, Mercury doesn’t just offer low cost car insurance they offer a wide range of insurance products for businesses and individuals alike, including commercial car coverage, renters and homeowners insurance.
Their car insurance does not skimp on features and options either, offering their customers everything from the bare minimum to comprehensive insurance packages.
Below are some of the policy features offered:
- Car Rental Coverage;
- Collision Coverage;
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Emergency Roadside Assistance;
- Liability Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage;
- Personal Injury Protection;
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
Discounts offered by Mercury Auto Insurance…
Mercury offers the usual slew of discount offered by all the best car insurance companies.
Some of those discounts include the following:
- Anti-Theft Device Discount – Drivers who install a car alarm or some other anti-theft discount can save money;
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers that keep up with their excellent driving record can save almost 20% off their premium with this discount;
- Good Student Discount – Reserved for student drivers with a 3.0 GPA or better;
- Group Insurance Discount – Members of some professional associations are eligible for discounts of up to 15%;
- Multiple Car Discount – Two or more vehicles insured through Mercury can earn drivers almost 15%.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Policy questions or changes can be referred to a Mercury Auto Insurance agent.
General policy questions can also be answered via email, while billing questions can be answered via Mercury’s toll free phone number.
Reporting a claim is just as easy and can be done 24/7 through the claims toll-free phone number.