About Kemper Auto Insurance…
Dating back to 1926, Kemper was recently bought out by Unitrin and provides a wide range of insurance products including business insurance, umbrella coverage, identity fraud insurance and, of course, low cost auto insurance.
Today, the company is part of the Kemper family of companies, which has more than $8 billion in assets, and insures almost 1 million Americans through a network of almost 5,000 independent insurance agents.
|Coverage:||3.8 out of 5|
|Cost:||4.2 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||3.8 out of 5|
|Claims:||3.7 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about Kemper Auto Insurance…
Kemper’s Financial Strength Ratings are rated very high by third-party insurance industry analyst A.M. Best.
Their customers give them solid marks for the following categories on the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates National Insurance Study:
- Billing and Payment;
- Contacting the Insurer;
- Overall Satisfaction;
Choose Kemper Auto Insurance because…
Kemper offers drivers competitive prices and smart coverage choices for leased and owned vehicles alike.
While they offer the typical options found by other providers, Kemper also offers Repair or Replacement Plus coverage, which covers repairing or replacing a vehicle if it’s damaged or stolen.
Kemper Auto Insurance also offers GAP coverage which pays the difference between what is still owed on a leased or financed auto and the auto’s fair market value.
Their Package Plus option allows customers to combine several policies – auto and home or auto and boat, for example – into one insurance policy and one payment.
Drivers can also choose unique insurance products, such as:
- Collectibles Insurance which covers 94 types of collectibles, such as sports memorabilia or antique clocks;
- Identity Fraud Insurance which covers attorney fees, lost wages and more;
- Valuable Personal Property Insurance covers artwork, furs and jewelry, for example.
Kemper Auto Insurance also offers drivers a wide range of flexible payment options and eBilling, their electronic billing option,
helps drivers save time and hassle and the environment.
Discounts offered by Kemper Auto Insurance…
- Away at School Discount for families with a college student away from home;
- Driver Training Discount for drivers who complete an approved driving course;
- Multi-Car Discount reserved for drivers with multiple cars on one policy;
- Package Plus Discount available to drivers that combine auto and home coverage or some other combination of policies;
- Safety/Security Discount for vehicles with safety or security devices, such as air bags or anti-theft devices.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Customer service is easy through Kemper Auto Insurance and billing and general policy questions can be answered through a driver’s agent or via Kemper’s customer service toll-free phone number or email.
Claims can be reported 24/7, 365 days a year through Kemper’s claims hotline or online where they can also be tracked and their Claim Standards ensures that customers claims are met with courteous conduct, a timely response and professional service.
Repairs done through Kemper’s network of more than 1,200 Choice Claim Service body shops are also guaranteed for as long as a driver owns the repaired car. However, policy holders can also select a body shop of their choice.