About Hartford Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1810 in Hartford, Connecticut, by a group of merchants to provide fire insurance through the Hartford Fire Insurance Company. Over time, Hartford grew to provide a wider variety of insurance coverage, including commercial insurance, personal liability, accident insurance and, of course, auto insurance.
Today, Hartford provides insurance to millions of customers worldwide through its vast network of offices and agents in Canada, Ireland, Japan, the United Kingdom, emerging countries such as Brazil, and, of course, the United States, and since 1984, Hartford has been contracted to provide homeowners and auto insurance to the AARP and its 40 million members.
|Coverage:||4.8 out of 5|
|Cost:||3.7 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||4.5 out of 5|
|Claims:||4 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about Hartford Auto Insurance…
The Hartford is a Fortune 150 company with over $300 billion in assets so customers can be confident that their claim paying is strong. Additionally, its Financial Strength Ratings and Credit Issuer Ratings receive strong marks from third-party insurance analysts A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s Investor Service.
Hartford Auto Insurance is a common fixture on the well-known J.D. Power and Associates National Auto Insurance Study which rates customer satisfaction. They also get high marks for customer satisfaction from independent research group NextAdvisor.
Choose Hartford Auto Insurance because…
Their Affinity Relationships offer exclusive auto insurance offers to drivers who are members of the AARP, the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the Sierra Club.
In addition to low cost auto insurance, Hartford Auto Insurance offers drivers unique insurance upgrade features and benefits, making them one of the best auto insurance companies in the Nation.
Standard features include:
- 24/7 auto insurance claim hotline;
- Car repairs guaranteed for life through the Hartford’s large network repair shops;
- No-Drop Promise assures drivers they won’t be dropped as long they can drive and meet a few requirements;
- New Car Replacement for new cars involved in a car wreck within 15 months of purchase or 15,000 miles;
- RecoverCare helps pay for assisted living for drivers after an accident.
Optional upgrade features under their Advantage Plus packages include:
- Hartford Auto Insurance waives $100 off a driver’s collision deductible when they use one of the Hartford’s 1,600 approved repair shops.
- Deductibles are waived for drivers that were fault-free in an accident.
- Disappearing Deductibles for drivers that keep their driving record squeaky clean.
- First Accident Forgiveness ensures that an auto accident doesn’t count against qualified drivers or their insurance premiums.
Discounts offered by Hartford Auto Insurance…
In addition to unique policy features, Hartford Auto Insurance offers drivers plenty of ways to save through numerous discounts.
- Air Bags Discount for drivers with vehicles equipped with airbags;
- Anti-Theft Device Discount for vehicles with anti-theft devices;
- Bundling Discount for drivers that combine an auto and homeowners policy;
- Defensive Driver Discount for three full years for drivers who complete an approved defensive driving class;
- Driver Training Discount for under-21 drivers who complete a certified training course;
- Good Student Discount for student drivers with a solid GPA.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Their 24/7 customer service hotline allows drivers to request policy assistance day or night. Customers also have the option of going online to change billing information or make a payment. Additionally, the Hartford Auto Insurance mobile app which is available for Android and iPhone, allows drivers to access policy FAQs, locate an agent or contact customer service reps and more.
Claims processing is just as easy and customers can file a claim via phone, online or through the mobile phone app which also allows drivers to gather and swap accident information, including photos, locate a Hartford-approved repair shop and much more.
Hartford’s Official website