About Farmers Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1928 in Los Angeles, California, as the Farmers Automobile Inter-Insurance Exchange, the company started off in a one-room office downtown, providing top quality and affordable insurance to ranchers and farmers since they presented a lower risk to insure.
Today, Farmers operates in 41 states and has become one of the Nation’s top insurance providers with over 15 million customers, offering a wide range of insurance coverage, including business, homeowners, and life insurance.
|Coverage:||4.7 out of 5|
|Cost:||4.3 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||4.7 out of 5|
|Claims:||4 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about Farmers Auto Insurance…
Three of the Nation’s top third-party financial industry analysts – A.M. Best Company, Moody’s Investor Service, Standard and Poor’s – give its Financial Strength Ratings high marks so drivers can rest assured that their coverage has solid financial backing and any claims a driver has will be paid.
Farmers Auto Insurance also gets high marks from its customers for being able to contact them on the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates National Insurance Study.
Choose Farmers Auto Insurance because…
Farmers Auto Insurance gives drivers plenty of coverage options no matter a driver’s budget or needs, as well as what they drive since they offer insurance for several driving options which include:
- Collectible Auto Insurance for antique and muscle cars. The coverage comes with no deductible and is for agreed value, which means there is no depreciation in the event the car is totaled.
- Recreational Vehicle Insurance for boats, travel trailers, personal watercraft, Off-Road Vehicles, and RVs.
- Motorcycle Insurance for a wide range of motorcycles including classic motorcycles, touring motorcycles, scooters and mopeds.
Farmers Auto Insurance also offers the FarmersFlex Program which provides customers some unique auto insurance coverage options in case they are ever in a traffic accident. One of those features is Accident Forgiveness which “forgives” drivers for one accident in a three-year period or the New Car Pledge which will replace a new car without depreciation if it is totaled within 24,000 miles or two years from when it was purchased. Repairs done under this option will be done with original manufacturer parts.
Also available is Emergency Roadside Assistance through the Farmers Tow Program which provides assistance to drivers day or night in the event a driver runs out of gas, has a flat tire or locks their keys inside their vehicle, as well as towing services.
Discounts offered by Farmers Auto Insurance…
Farmers Auto Insurance has a wide variety of discounts for everyone from good students to retired professionals to choose from such as the ones below:
- Affinity Discount – Available to members of eligible businesses or professional organizations;
- Alternative Fuel Discount – Applies to hybrid fuel vehicles or electric vehicles, methanol or natural gas vehicles;
- Early Shopping Discount – Applies to drivers who lock in their policy early;
- Electronic Funds Transfer Discount – Reserved for drivers that select to pay their premium electronically through Farmers’ EasyPay program;
- Good Student Discount – Student drivers are rewarded when they keep their GPA at 3.0 or above with this discount;
- Multi-Car Discount – Insuring more than one car on the same policy earns this one;
- New Car Credit Discount – Reserved for new cars;
- Paid In Full Discount – Paying a premium in full means savings for customers;
- Transfer Discount – Jumping ship from another insurance company can save a driver some money with Farmers.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Farmers provides consumers multiple ways to contact them regarding general policy questions including their toll-free phone number, snail mail, email, online through their website, and, of course, their vast network of agents.
Farmers Auto Insurance also provides award-winning claims handling through their HelpPointClaim Services which allows drivers to submit claims 24/7, 365 days a year through their toll-free claims hotline, online through their website or through their mobile phone apps for Android and iPhone, which also let drivers call for Roadside Assistance. And repairs done through their approved body shops come with a lifetime guarantee.