About Farm Bureau Auto Insurance…
With roots stretching back more than 70 years, Farm Bureau Auto Insurance has grown from its rural roots to provide its customers everything from low cost car insurance to personal liability insurance to home and ranch insurance through more than 4,000 insurance agents.
Its parent company FBL Financial Group is a publicly-traded company with more than $15 billion in assets.
|Coverage:||3.3 out of 5|
|Cost:||3.7 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||3.3 out of 5|
|Claims:||3.3 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about Farm Bureau Auto Insurance…
Third-party financial industry analysts – A.M. Best and Standard and Poor’s – both give Farm Bureau Auto Insurance high marks for its Financial Strength Ratings and Credit Ratings so customers can be confident that Farm Bureau will be there for any claims they may have.
Choose Farm Bureau Auto Insurance because…
Farm Bureau offers consumers all the coverage they need to protect their autos, in addition to some unique benefits such as the Auto Death Indemnity Coverage which pays out a set amount when a driver dies in an accident or Auto Disability Income Coverage which is available in conjunction with Indemnity Coverage and covers a driver for total disability if they are injured in a car accident.
Other coverage options include:
- Emergency Roadside Assistance provides drivers trustworthy assistance if they run out of gas, have a flat tire or lock themselves out of their car and the service is available 24/7.
- Rental Reimbursement pays a driver for the cost of renting a car or taking public transportation while their car is in the repair shop after an accident. Coverage can also be purchased for motor homes.
- Trailer Personal Effects Coverage takes care of any damages or loss of any personal belongings in an insured camping or travel trailer.
Their Farm Bureau Member’s Choice program allows drivers to combine multiple policies, such as car and home, under one policy with one payment, one deductible and even one claim.
The Member’s Choice Progam also offers some unique optional coverage such as:
- Residential Equipment Breakdown which covers personal property and home systems like a furnace or electronic systems for loss from an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage helps protect drivers from identity theft and provides constant credit monitoring, as well as resolution services if a driver’s identity is stolen.
Discounts offered by Farm Bureau Auto Insurance…
Farm Bureau helps drivers save on car insurance through several discounts including:
- Continued In-Force Credit rewards loyal drivers who renew their Farm Bureau Member’s Choice policies;
- Driven to Safety Discount is reserved for under-25 drivers who complete a Farm Bureau safety driving program;
- Good Student Discount for student drivers with a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Low Mileage Discount pays off for drivers who annually drive their insured car 7,500 miles or less;
- Multiple Policy Discount helps save consumers money when they cover their home and auto with Farm Bureau;
- Safe Driver Discount rewards drivers who keep their driving record clean of major traffic violations or accidents.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Farm Bureau Auto Insurance does a great job of providing customer service through their toll free phone number or via their website which also offers drivers tons of good information and videos on how to do everything from signing up for ID Theft protection, pay a premium and more.
Filing a claim is just as convenient and their claims center is available day and night, year-round through their toll-free phone number or their website. Local agents can also help drivers with claims assistance.