About Erie Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1925 in Erie, Pennsylvania, the company started off humbly offering only auto insurance.
Today, the company has outgrown its modest roots and now has over 4 million active insurance policies for multiple insurance products, in addition to auto insurance.
|Coverage:||5 out of 5|
|Cost:||5 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||5 out of 5|
|Claims:||3 out of 5|
Erie Auto Insurance has also expanded beyond The Keystone State and can be found in 11 states and Washington D.C. It has become the third largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania and 12th largest in the Nation.
What the industry is saying about Erie Auto Insurance…
Erie was the second-highest ranking auto insurance company on the prestigious J.D. Power and Associates 2011 National Auto Insurance Study, which surveys customer satisfaction.
It was also one of 40 American companies to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Customer Service Champion for its excellent customer service.
Its consistency and solid performance earned it a place on the 2011 Ward Group 50 Top Performers List, which analyzes and reviews the Nation’s insurance companies.
Insurance industry analyst A.M. Best gives Erie’s Financial Strength Ratings an A+ (Superior), so customers don’t have to worry about claims going unpaid.
Choose Erie Auto Insurance because…
Its customers wouldn’t vote it one of the best car insurance companies in America if it didn’t offer some extra and unique features and Erie Auto Insurance offers its customers over 30 of them at no extra cost.
For example, included with comprehensive coverage a driver is covered for Transportation Expenses immediately after an accident if the car in inoperable. If the car can be driven but needs repair, a driver is covered for rental car fees or taxi fares.
Other examples of extra and uniquely-Erie features include the following:
- In the event of a collision between two Erie-insured cars, Erie Auto Insurance waives the collision deductible.
- If a damaged windshield is repaired instead of replaced, Erie waives the comprehensive deductible.
- In the event of a car wreck, reasonable expenses for first aid to another driver or their pet are paid for by Erie.
- Erie pays a per diem for travel costs if a driver fails to arrive to their destination because of an accident.
- Clothes, luggage or other personal property is paid for in a covered loss.
- Locksmith services are covered, if needed.
Discounts offered by Erie Auto Insurance…
Erie gives drivers a wide array to save money on their car insurance policy.
- Safety Equipment Discounts for cars with a factory-installed ABS system, air-bags, or car alarm.
- Drivers that stay claims-free for at least three years can earn the Safe Driver Discount or the PERC Discount.
- Under-21 drivers can earn the Youthful Driver Discount which is for single drivers who live with their parents or the Driver Training Discount for those drivers that complete a certified driving course.
- Erie Auto Insurance customers that don’t put a lot of miles on their cars can see if they qualify for the Reduced Usage Discount for drivers who don’t drive for 90 straight days or the College Student Discount which is for college students who spend most of their time at school.
- Mature drivers (55 and older) may qualify for the Age 55 and Over Discount or the Accident Prevention Course Discount for those drivers that take a qualifying driving class.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Erie Auto Insurance consistently ranks high on the J.D. Power and Associates yearly national insurance survey which measures customer satisfaction. It was also named one of this year’s Customer Service Champions by J.D. Power and Associates, one of only 40 American companies to receive the honor.
Erie has interpreter services for non-English speaking customers.
Claims can be filed directly through an agent, via phone or online and they can be reported anytime even on weekends and holidays through Erie’s Extended Hours Claims Service. Also, Erie Auto Insurance’s claims adjusters are available 24/7.