About Commerce Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1972 in Webster, Massachusetts, the company has grown from its humble beginnings to become one of the top car insurance companies in the Northeast part of the United States. In 2008, it was acquired by MAPFRE, one of the largest insurance groups in Europe and Latin America.
Working through its agent network in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, Commerce provides personal and commercial insurance, writing almost $2 billion in premiums and ranking 18th on A.M. Best’s latest insurance rankings list.
|Coverage:||2 out of 5|
|Cost:||1.7 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||2.3 out of 5|
|Claims:||1.7 out of 5|
In Massachusetts, Commerce insures almost a quarter of all the private cars on the road and is a leading provider of homeowners insurance as well. It is also one of the top providers of commercial car insurance.
What the industry is saying about Commerce Auto Insurance…
Two of the Nation’s top financial industry analysts – A.M. Best and Standard and Poor’s – give Commerce and its parent company high marks on their Financial Strength Ratings, so customers can be confident the company can pay any insurance claims that arise.
Its parent company is one of the top insurers worldwide and Business Week named it to its Global Top 40, which recognizes the world’s best companies.
Choose Commerce Auto Insurance because…
Their presence is worldwide and they’re not just one of the Bay State’s top car insurance companies. They are also making great strides in New Hampshire by providing commercial car insurance, homeowners insurance, as well as low cost car insurance.
Additionally, they offer other insurance products such as Assisted Living Care Coverage, Earthquake and Flood Insurance, and even Identity Theft Coverage.
AAA Auto Club members get unique coverage features such as Replacement Car Coverage on new cars, cell phone and laptop replacement, lost wage coverage, pet injury coverage and much more.
Discounts offered by Commerce Auto Insurance…
One of their most popular discounts is the AAA member discount which offers the group’s members 10% off their premium but they offer much more. Below are some of them:
- Account Discount for drivers that combine their car and homeowner’s insurance on one policy;
- Age 65 or Older Discount for experienced drivers over 65 years old;
- Annual Mileage Discount for drivers that use their car 12,500 miles or less annually;
- Anti Theft Discount on cars that are equipped with theft deterrent devices;
- Drivers Training Discount for drivers who complete an approved Driver Training Program;
- Green Discount on policies that are enrolled in Commerce’s e-Bill program;
- Loyalty Discount for qualifying policyholders;
- Multiple Car Discount for more than one car on a policy;
- Paid In Full Discount on those policies that are paid in full instead of through monthly installments.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
Through their online CommerceCares program drivers are able to pay their premium online, manage their car insurance policy and more. Customer service representatives can also be reached via email and through their toll-free phone number 24/7, 365 days a year.
Claims can also be reported anytime online or via phone through their Claims Center and Commerce also provides customers a wide network of preferred repair shops which can be located online. Drive-In appraisal locations and windshield repair shops can also be found on their website.