About AIS Auto Insurance…
Founded in 1968, AIS (Auto Insurance Specialists) started off selling only auto insurance to Californians. The company eventually moved into other areas of insurance, such as life insurance, flood insurance, even wedding insurance. AIS has gone on to become one of California’s biggest auto insurance agencies.
AIS Auto Insurance was acquired by Mercury Casualty Company – another California insurance company – in 2009 and today AIS insures almost half a million Californians.
|Coverage:||5 out of 5|
|Cost:||4 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||4.3 out of 5|
|Claims:||4 out of 5|
What the industry is saying about AIS Auto Insurance…
The Nation’s top three insurance industry analysts – A.M. Best, Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s – give its parent company high marks.
Choose AIS Auto Insurance because…
Drivers with less than golden driving records are welcome here as AIS Auto Insurance offers coverage for drivers with SR-22 requirements as well as drivers with DUI convictions and other blotches on their driving records making them “high-risk.”
AIS Auto Insurance offers drivers in California a wide array of insurance products, ranging from car and motorcycle insurance to property insurance to specialty insurance products such as wedding insurance, life insurance, even Mexico Travel Insurance.
Another plus for the company is the 23 locations across the Golden State, from El Segundo to Walnut Creek, and their offices are always conveniently located close to major freeways so customers don’t have much trouble finding them.
Discounts offered by AIS Auto Insurance…
Motorcyclists and drivers alike will see that AIS offers plenty of discounts for all however some of the more unique discounts offered by AIS include the following:
- Group Insurance Discount – Discounts of up to 15% are available for groups of doctors, teachers, scientists or lawyers.
- Cycle Safety Course Discount – Motorcyclists taking an approved motorcycle safety course can save on their premium with this discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – AIS knows that drivers over 55 are road-rules savvy and therefore reward them for their experience and maturity with this discount.
- Multiple Car Discount – Insure two or more vehicles with AIS Auto Insurance and knock off up to 15% of an auto insurance premium.
- Good Driver Discount – Savings of up to 20% are available when drivers qualify for the California Good Driver insurance discount. California’s lawful definition of a “good driver” basically consists of drivers with one point or less off their driving record in the last three years.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
For drivers that are too busy to stop in at one of the many locations found around California, AIS Auto Insurance offers drivers the opportunity to manage their policy online at their AIS Customer Service Center. Drivers can make changes to their policy such as adding an additional driver to the policy, changing coverage levels, as well as printing additional ID cards. Of course drivers always have the option of stopping at their local office or calling their toll free number.
AIS also has an insurance blog online that gives California drivers loads of information pertaining to their insurance policy, informative articles regarding coverage and driving tips, as well as keeping them abreast of any legal changes that will affect their coverage.
Reporting a claim can also be done online, via email or phone. Representatives will guide customers through the claims process as well as expedite any outstanding claims.