About AIG Auto Insurance
Founded by Cornelius Vander Starr in the Chinese city of Shanghai in 1919, he was the first Westerner to sell insurance to the Chinese through his American Insurance Group (AIG).
For 30 years the company was run from Shanghai until the Chinese Revolution forced the company to move its headquarters to New York. AIG went on to offer other products such as homeowners and travel insurance, as well as becoming the Nation’s largest provider of industrial and commercial insurance. Today AIG is worldwide, including the Middle East, Europe, Latin American and, of course, Asia.
|Coverage:||5 out of 5|
|Cost:||4.7 out of 5|
|Customer Service:||4 out of 5|
|Claims:||3.7 out of 5|
However in 2008, AIG Auto Insurance’s parent company became embroiled in the ensuing global financial meltdown. In an attempt to distance itself from its parent company’s collapse and ensuing bailout from the federal government, AIG’s auto insurance unit was spun off into 21st Century, which AIG had previously purchased. Farmers Insurance Group, the Nation’s third largest insurer, bought out 21st Century Auto Insurance in 2009.
What the industry is saying about AIG Auto Insurance…
Its Financial Ratings are solid according to third party financial analysts A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s Investor Service.
The ratings experts at Bestcovery.com made them a best pick on their latest list, making it one of the best auto insurance companies in the Nation.
Choose AIG Auto Insurance because…
Through 21st drivers can get auto insurance on just about with two or four wheels, including watercraft and jet skis, as well as other insurance products such as flood insurance or homeowners insurance.
AIG Auto Insurance customers can manage their policy easily through their iPhones, allowing them to file and track claims, check balances and even lookup information on where to gas up or find restaurants or hotels.
And they’re signed up in the 21st Century Security Advantage Program free of charge. The Security Advantage offers several benefits including 24-Hour Roadside Assistance, which covers every car on a driver’s policy, 24-Hour Emergency Medical and Travel Assistance, which assists drivers wherever they travel in Canada and the United States, and Identity Theft Restoration Service, which offers expert guidance to drivers that become victims of ID theft.
Discounts offered by AIG Auto Insurance…
Several discounts are to be had for AIG customers, depending on the state they drive in and below is just small taste of what is on tap.
- Mature Driver Discount – While the age may vary depending on the state, this discount is generally available for drivers 55 and older who have taken a DMV-approved defensive driving course.
- Safe Vehicle Discount – Vehicles classified as a “safe” qualify for discounts up to 10%. The Chevrolet Lumina, Chevrolet Celebrity and the Mercury Grand Marquis are a few of the cars that qualify.
- Away at School Discount – Single students at school 100 miles away or more from where an insured car is garaged can earn this discount on the insured vehicle.
- Driver Training Discount – Completing a DMV-approved driving course for drivers under 21 entitles them to this 10% discount on certain insurance coverages.
- ABS System Discount – Save on liability premiums when a vehicle is equipped with a factory anti-lock braking system.
What about their customer service and claims processing?
For five straight years they’ve been honored by J.D. Power and Associates for giving their customers outstanding customer service and AIG Auto Insurance customers also have access to almost 13,000 claims representatives working around the clock to handle any car insurance claims a customer may have and claims representatives drive vehicles equipped with GPS so they’ll never get lost when they have to meet with a customer.
AIG Auto Insurance customers also have access to the Farmers Direct Repair Program which has over 2,500 all across the Nation and whose work is guaranteed for however long a driver owns the car.